One of the things I find most challenging is being in a state of feeling good. Obviously, if everything was working out and I was all happy and contented, then I wouldn't be doing this experiment. So, in case any of you have the same problem, here are some ideas.
1. Play with your pet - assuming you like animals and have one.
2. Help someone - random acts of kindness is really good.
3. Perform your hobby - be it knitting, gardening, watching TV or reading a book, this should put you in a good mood. Unless of course you're reading or watching some depressing material... like the newspaper or the evening news.
4. Learn or do something fun/new. This might not be time consuming, but generally speaking, doing and/or learning something new tends to make you feel good. Like bunjee jumping, baking a cake, learning Italian or starting your own blog.
5. Start a Gratitude Journal. Writing 5 things that you're grateful for in your life everyday somehow changes the way you see things. There are always things to be grateful for, like the eyes to see, ears to hear, legs to walk. Be thankful that you're not sleeping on the street or a homeless shelter, that you have a computer with internet, that you can read and write...
In an ideal world I'd list 5 more ideas here. But as mentioned I'm having trouble myself. Any suggestions would be welcomed.